Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 November 2016

Mise-en-Scène & Semiotics

Lighting:

School's strip lighting will be fine as it will make it look more like it was filmed in a school, because it will have been. I am not filming in any areas of the school which aren't well lit. When it comes to filming Eleanor Rose (Lucy Blake) on Mousehold Heath, I will make sure it is in daylight hours, it is now Winter and so they're fewer but as long as we film between 8am and 3pm we should be OK. I shouldn't need any external lighting added onto this but am aware there may be the shadows from the tree on Eleanor but that shouldn't be a problem.

Props:
  • Blister Packs (shouldn't be a problem or any purchasing required as already take many tablet forms of medication so I go through blister pack trays often!)
  • Tic Tacs (need to purchase some just so I know I have enough to waste - shouldn't be more than £2? so won't be a huge investment)
  • Pregnancy test (need to purchase one from Tesco? May get some interesting looks and am unsure how much they are but I'm not wanting a perticularly accurate one as we won't be using it for it's correct purpose)
  • Miniature MiniGrip clear plastic bags to put Tic-Tacs in in-order to look like drug-deal (easy to retrieve as they look just like the little clear plastic bags you get the spear-button in, when you buy a coat or jack from a clothes store.)
14.12.16 Update: all of these props have now been retreieved/purchased.
- I have two bags of blister packs - should be well over enough! 
- I have one pack of Tic Tacs - but the shop didn't have white ones so I had to get pink, but it shouldn't be too noticeable when it comes to filming, and some tablets can be pink anyway.
- I have a pregnancy test - Poundland sell them! So I bought one - and as predicted, I did get some interesting looks from other people.
- Found some miniature minigrip clear plastic bags at home so that's fine.

Costume:

I will ask my actors/actresses to wear the clothes they usually would at sixth form as they're playing the roles of sixth form students. As long as no one wears anything explicit or offensive it should be fine.


Semiotics

I am unsure what to use for my semiotic symbol.

1 comment:

  1. Still not lost your sense of humour I see. Do what you can. Email me directly if you are unable to see me in school.

    ReplyDelete